End of employment

You have stopped working in the hospitality or catering industry. That means your pension accrual with Pensioenfonds Horeca & Catering will also stop. This will change your pension situation. We will organise some of your pension issues on your behalf. However, you also have some personal choices to make. Will you start working for a different employer outside the hospitality or catering industry? In most cases, your pension can be transferred to your new employer.

What will happen to the survivors’ pension?

If you were insured during your employment for survivors' pension, this will automatically stop when you end your employment. This also means that your partner won’t receive survivors’ pension upon your death.

New employer in the Netherlands? 

If you are going to work outside the hospitality or catering sector in the Netherlands, you will probably also start accruing a pension elsewhere. From 2019, pensions that are lower than 503,24 gross (per year in 2021), are automatically transferred via automatic value transfer to your new pension administrator. This ensures that all your pension stays together. Have you accrued pension above 503,24 gross (per year in 2021) or don't you have a new employer yet, then your pension stays with us. 

What will happen with your pension in the future?

We will update you on your pension regularly. And we will try to increase your pension each year, in order to mantain your purchasing power as much as possible.